The generous support of our corporate partners helps us maintain our food rescue operations and increase our services to help feed the nearly 1.4 million New Yorkers facing hunger. Partnering with City Harvest is a great way to give back to the New York City community. Just about every dollar donated helps feed 4 people today.
We offer many ways for your company to achieve meaningful results. Explore the links below to see what opportunities might best suit your organization's goals.
Special Event Sponsorship
Partnership with City Harvest is a great way to align your brand with our mission and make a difference in the fight against hunger in New York City. Over the years, our corporate partners have helped us raise millions of dollars and have had a profound impact on our work feeding hungry New Yorkers.
Our program is largely customizable and we are happy to work with you to design an action to support your goals.
Criteria for Partnership with City Harvest
- Project is in alignment with City Harvest's mission and goals.
- A guaranteed financial commitment of at least $5,000 is necessary to secure logo usage and/or cross-promotion by City Harvest.
- Opportunity must be submitted at least 30 days before the program's desired go-live date.
- Better Business Bureau guidelines for cause-related marketing programs are always followed.
In order to submit your program proposal to City Harvest, please click here and fill out the following form.
SPECIAL EVENT SPONSORSHIP
Sponsoring a City Harvest special event is a great visibility opportunity for your company. Our events offer a fun and unique way to entertain clients and showcase your partnership with City Harvest.
City Harvest holds three major fundraising events every year:
- An Evening of Practical Magic gala in April: An elegant dinner and live auction attended by over 600 of NYC's high profile individuals, influencers and celebrities. Serving as City Harvest's biggest and most important fundraising event of the year, the 2015 gala broke records, raising more than $3 million.
- Bid Against Hunger in October: Our signature tasting event, attended by 1,000 affluent food lovers and featuring more than 70 of the city's best restaurants in addition to exciting live and silent auctions. Bid Against Hunger raised nearly $1.5 million in 2015.
- Summer in the City in June: Our summer cocktail party and culinary experience. In 2015 the event was attended by over 800 young, philanthropically-minded tastemakers.
Sponsorship opportunities begin at $5,000, and can include custom, single-branded activations for an incremental cost.
To learn more, please call or email Rebecca Fontes, Director of New Business Development, at [email protected] or 646.412.0641.
If Sponsorship or Partnerships aren't the right fit, we may have other opportunities that suit your goals and allow you to join us in the fight against hunger.
- Virtual Food Drives: Raise money for City Harvest by running a fundraising drive. You set the goals, pick the occasion — birthdays, holidays, weddings — and take the fight against hunger into your own hands with simple tools that we provide.
- Skip Lunch Fight Hunger: Engage your colleagues in the fight against hunger by participating in this annual corporate fundraising campaign.
- Workplace giving through United Way and matching gifts programs.
- In-kind donations of products or services.
If you are interested in more information on these or other engagements, email or call Jen Szapiro, Director of Corporate and Foundation Relations at [email protected]