Learn more about available government resources established in response to the COVID-19 pandemic.
In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, the federal government has passed legislation to support families during this unprecedented time. Learn more about program changes and resources that may help you and your family.
- Read the Full Explanation of Changes to the
- The reevaluation of the minimal budget for a family to afford a basic diet (also known as the Thrifty Food Plan) led to increases in SNAP benefits starting on October 1, 2021
- From March 2020 through September 2021, all SNAP households received the maximum benefits allowed for their household size, also known as SNAP Emergency Allotments. This increase expired on October 1, 2021.
- From March 2021 through September 2021, all families received a 15% increase in SNAP benefits through the American Rescue Plan. This increase expired on October 2021
- Local Agencies
- Information on Child Tax Credit
- Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program
New York State
New York City