Before the COVID-19 pandemic, 2.5 million working-age New Yorkers were struggling to make ends meet. With schools and many businesses forced to close, the COVID-19 crisis is further straining many families in our city. We are already seeing a 30% increase in people coming to our Mobile Markets, and we expect many more New Yorkers to be turning to us for food as the devastating economic impact hits in the weeks and months to come.
For over 37 years, City Harvest’s trucks have been a symbol of optimism, relief, and hope for kids and families struggling to put food on their tables. Today, our work is more important than ever before, as we scale up our operations in response to the growing need for food amid the COVID-19 pandemic.
That’s why we’re inviting you to participate in our Draw Hope to Drive Hope campaign. We encourage everyone to join in—children, adults, and companies alike! Color or draw on one of our four downloadable illustrations, and then help spread the word and raise funds to help feed NYC‘s children. Tag your friends and colleagues and encourage them to join in, because together, we are stronger. Together, we will help our neighbors in need. Together, we are NYC, and together, #WeAreCityHarvest.
Let’s draw hope from one another and drive hope for our city and its people during the COVID-19 crisis.
How to Participate
1. Download our coloring templates, and print them or save the image to your tablet or phone:
Or, download a community-submitted coloring template, including from our partner Maje.
2. Get Creative: Color or draw using your favorite medium, or design a digital version using the Adobe Sketch app. What does City Harvest and a hopeful future for NYC families in need look like to you? Show us!
3. Share the hope on social by posting your creation with the hashtag #WeAreCityHarvest.
Feel free to write your own caption, or include something like this: Today, I helped ‘Draw Hope to Drive Hope’ in support of @cityharvestnyc’s work feeding NYC kids and families in need during the COVID-19 crisis. Donate $15—enough to feed 55 children for a day—by texting LUNCH to 20222. Learn more at www.cityharvest.org/DrawHope #WeAreCityHarvest
4. Donate to help feed NYC kids and families: Donate $15 by texting LUNCH to 20222, and encourage your friends to do the same. $15 helps feed 55 children for a day, and Danone North America, maker of Dannon and other food and beverage brands, will be matching every donation via text up to $100K, ensuring your gift goes twice as far. Please note: A one-time donation will be added to your mobile phone bill, message and data rates may apply.
5. Thank one of our drivers: Mail in your finished creation or email it to [email protected], and we’ll share your illustration with our drivers who are on the front lines of our work.
Mailing address: City Harvest , 55-01 2nd Street, Queens, NY 11101, ATTN: Francesca
If your business or company is interested in partnering and making your own illustration for Draw Hope to Drive Hope, contact us at [email protected].
Check Out the Creations
Want us to add yours? Email your art to [email protected].