- Hunger in NYC
- Donate Food
- Donate Funds
September 1 – September 30, 2015
Hundreds of thousands of Jewish New Yorkers live below or only slightly above the poverty line. Help City Harvest make sure no one in our city goes hungry over the High Holidays. Run a kosher food drive and City Harvest will deliver the food you collect to kosher food pantries across the city.
To start your High Holidays drive, contact Jeanne Traugot, Senior Manager of Food Sourcing, at 646.412.0755 or [email protected]
- Choose collection sites that are both highly visible and secure.
- Call 646.412.0758 or email us to arrange a pickup date for City Harvest to collect the donations. City Harvest will send one of our food rescue trucks to pick up donations of more than 100 pounds. Please give one or two names as contacts for our drivers, to make sure the pickup runs smoothly.
- Put up City Harvest food drive posters at the collection sites a week or two before the start of the drive--we'll supply the posters, just call 646.412.0758, email us, or download the poster here.
- All types of canned and packaged goods are welcome, but no perishable foods or glass (with the exception of baby food) please! This helps keep your collection site insect-free and ensures that all food collected is safe for consumption.
- City Harvest collects food exclusively, though we can recommend programs which accept clothes and toys.
Be creative with your food drive and HAVE FUN!
Get the word out:
Challenge them! People respond to a challenge and often work harder to reach their goal if there is an element of competition. Here are some suggestions: